Amakhala Game Reserve is located within the malaria-free Eastern Cape area only a 50-minute drive from Port Elizabeth.
In addition to the “Big Five” safari experience this private reserve offers a unique topography.
The luxury, all-inclusive lodges are made up of restored country houses, safari lodges and tented camps.
• Bukela Game Lodge – This 5-star lodge has four suites (3 suites and 1 honeymoon suite) tucked away into indigenous trees and bushes at the top of a hidden valley.
• Hlosi Game Lodge – A 4-star fenced camp, perfect for families with small children or for those who aren't comfortable with a chance-meeting with wild animals.
• Safari Lodge – This 4-star thatched lodge with its unique safari huts and signature stone-capped roof tops, offers 11 luxury suites complete with private plunge pools and separate lounge areas.
• Woodbury Lodge – This 4-star lodge with its 6 stone-and-thatched sleeping lodges is set against a cliff and offers stunning views
• Leeuwenbosch Country House - a colonial 3-star property set amidst beautiful indigenous gardens, offering a family safari experience steeped in settler history. Accommodation at Leeuwenbosch includes the historic Country House and the newer Shearers Lodge Suites. The Country House, built in 1908, offers five spacious en-suite bedrooms, and is layered with a collection of historical images, documents, and furniture dating back to the 1800s. Set back from the Country House, Shearers Lodge offers four more contemporary double suites, overlooking a cool low-roofed verandah and tranquil swimming pool.
• Quatermain's 1920's Safari Camp - an intimate and rustic, 3-star, expedition style tented camp with en-suite bathrooms.
• Woodbury Tented Camp - Seven large, 3-star, en-suite tents on raised bases have private patios with views of the bush.
Visit Amakhala Game Reserve's website for further details